Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Being...

Many have asked why?
Answer them not i try.

Many have advice.
I have thrice.

But they mean no harm.
I mean no arm.

Fight not.
Cross not.

Cos we are in the same family of God.
Doing what we believe is of God.

Moving on i must.
Wearing not a mask.

Believe in being True
To my conscience and Truth

Disappointment, Discouragement, Disillusion gather at my door.
Deny them is my call.

Looking to God in my heart.
Lest to Depression i start.

Leaving the people i love,
Disappointing the leaders above,
Are not my intention!
Nor my ambition!

Many memories
Many histories
2 and 22 years in this family ; GBC + FCBC
1 and 15 years of service; GE + FCBC

Truth be told.
I would not be sold.
To a standard i behold,
Contrary to that i hold.
All are subjective,
Subjective are all.
Heaven call beckons me.
To Thee i'll meet.

To part with earthly friends,
To gain my heavenly ends.
Painful yet needful.
Temporary yet seems so Permanent.

When will it ends?
When will i reach the other end?

Father i called.
Help thy son.

Bless all in pain
Honor them with gain
A glimpse of Yourself
A taste of Eternal Health.

Show us Your way,
Glory All The Way!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pastor,
    May God grant u the desires of your heart, whether it’s in direction, encouragement or strength. Didn’t get a chance to thank you & Ps Jo for all that u’ve taught me thru God’s word & thru your lives. I wouldn’t be who I am if not for u both. (check out http://alwaysrejoyce.blogspot.com/2006/01/csls-one-liners_02.html) Miss u both. Ma & I wish u all de best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah pastor, didn't know you were such a poet. This is certainly a new side to you that I've never seen!

    Let me attempt a response.

    Some say why love if things will change?
    Why grow close if friendship only for a shard of time, remains?

    My answer is a simple one.
    True relationship is not so easily undone.
    I will hold on to what is precious to me.
    Structure will not keep me a prisoner, I am free.

    What now?
    What, who, where, when, how now?

    There are so many answers I seek,
    I wish I could have a little peek.
    At what God has installed and why it was to be this way.
    Don't I have a say?

    So many people are hurt.
    Me, I am mainly frustrated.
    So many intentions that are good, but each so easily misunderstood.

    I walk carefully, trying to find my way,
    And then God reminded me that He is the only way.
    Seek to love, not to judge
    He reminded me His grace is so much.

    Father I called
    Help that son who calls
    This journey he must walk
    May you always be his rock
    As you are mine

    Yes, show us all your way,
    We give you glory, all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor,
    God loves you and bless you wherever you go. I pray that His peace and rest is in you.

    I can't say I fully understand how you feel, but through the poem I can have a glimps of how difficult it is for you to make this decision. God shares your struggle, anguish and pain...

    God is big enough to cover you with His mighty wings during this period of time... Human do not understand sometimes, but God does. Bless you with peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete