Monday, February 05, 2007

Stepping Stones 2007


I have taken some time to think through how I would like to write this online book. Below is a possible framework which I feel will allow me to adequately share my thoughts and experiences on Youth Leaders. I guess, you could take it as the content page of this online book!

While I will be following closely to this format, this is a work-in-progress and hence your feedback and sharing of experiences will add to this book in a very precious and valuable way. I hope those of you who read my posts will take some time to contribute your thoughts in the comments section. I would really love to hear from you. Along the way, if there is a particular topic that you would like me to share and write about, feel free to let me know. I will try to work it in or even dedicate one more chapter to it, if enough of you feel strongly about it.

Lastly, I must apologise if the Chapters do not get posted on a regular basis. While this is something that I am putting my heart and soul in, I also have other commitments at work, family, ministy etc. What I can do however, is to set up a mailing list for those of you would like to be updated when I post a new chapter. Click on Mailing List under the Categories column and post your email in the comments section. I will get back to you asap.

I hope my sharing will bless you indefinitely and spur you on in your journey as a christian Youth Worker/ Youth Leader in the ministry that God has led you to.

CONTENTS FOR STEPPING STONES

Intro
1 Why stepping stones;
2 Why youth work?
3 Youth – leaders of today!
4 History of Youth work – from incidental to intentional to integration

Youth workers
5 Youth worker is king-maker!
6 What really matters to the youth & youth development?
a. Research on adult leaders who has been impacted by youth ministry
b. Chronos study – why youth are where they are?
c. Felt needs and real needs
7 The challenging 20s, the restless 30s, the giving 40s, the covering of the 50/60s.
a. Challenging 20s; conflict of values

b. Restless 30s; esp upper 30s because of the need to exercise faith, experimenting ideas, exerting authority
c. Giving 40s; desire to give back to the next generation, need to create an environment for growth for the teens to 20s to 30s. guard the truth and provide foundation. Nurturing
d. Covering of the 50/60s; providing umbrella for the next generation to try new things

Encouraging
8 Parents and Youthworkers – parents connnect

The Bigger Picture
9 Evangelising Youth – a Singapore story
10 I HAVE A DREAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment